Tukey-Kramer

Moderator: MultiD Support

Tukey-Kramer

Postby riccardoh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello, I've been analyzing real-time data in GenEx and decided to double check my stats with Systat. Upon performing the Tukey analysis I noticed some differences in the p-values between the 2 programs. I'm wondering if this is because GenEx is set up to analyze gene data or if there is some other reason that I would be getting different p-values. Both are set to confidence level of 95%. I wouldn't be so concerned but some of the differences that GenEx recognizes as significant aren't recognized in Systat and vice-versa. It seems that GenEx is coinciding mostly with the confidence intervals I observed in the ABI system.

Thanks,
Rick
riccardoh

Re: Tukey-Kramer

Postby riccardoh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 am

I should also note that I just compared results using the test data that comes with GenEx and I saw similar trends. It seems that when the the p-value is really low that both of the programs agree (at least in terms of significance), but when the p-values are close to the threshold, with GenEx demonstrating a significant difference, then Systat will usually demonstrate a p-value greater than 0.05 at a 95% confidence. For instance, using the test file (2-way ANOVA.mdf) I observe a p-value of 0.024 in group 2 vs. 4 in gender 1, but in Systat this p-value is 0.082.

NOTE: I was just analyzing Gene A for the sake of convenience.
riccardoh

Re: Tukey-Kramer

Postby MultiDAdmin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 am

Dear Riccardoh,

Thank you for pointing out this to us.

We have manage to duplicate the error and in the latest version of GenEx 5.2.7 we have disabled this test while we investigate the problem. We'll take the appropriate actions to resolve this as soon as possible.

Best regards
//The MultiD Team
MultiDAdmin
Site Admin

Return to 2-Way Anova