Start of GenEx analysis with multiple Biomark files

Here we discuss compatibility issues with the BIOMARK from Fluidigm

Moderator: MultiD Support

Start of GenEx analysis with multiple Biomark files

Postby jiaco » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Dear GenEx forum -

I have 6 heatmap.csv output files from a BioMark 96x96 that are from the same experiment.

I have no problem loading a single file and letting GenEx parse the PassFail information into NANs. But what should be possible, and I cannot find how, is to load all 6 files, let GenEx parse the pass/fail info and then have a grid with 96 genes/assays (columns) and 6x96 samples (rows) which I can subsequently commence processing by removing columns and rows that are all NANs. It also would be interesting to have GenEx create an addition column (#comment) to specify which row came from which file.

Am I missing a feature somewhere? I have found Merge functions under the Grid Toolbar in the Data Editor but then I had to first save chip2 as mcf and read in that and I also get a duplicate header line (a row with all the assay names) in the middle of the data and as soon as this has been done, I get an Error popup about "Name row or column seems not to be in place. (21016)".

Hope that is clear enough.

Thanks
jiaco

Re: Start of GenEx analysis with multiple Biomark files

Postby MultiDAdmin » Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi.

Next release of Genex (5.4.0) will have a new import wizard for batch import of all major instrument export files including Biomark. It will be released before summer 2012.

BR
Amin Forootan
Multid Analyses AB
MultiDAdmin
Site Admin

Return to BIOMARK