GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx)

Here we discuss compatibility with Excel

Moderator: MultiD Support

GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx)

Postby MultiD Support » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:39 am

Data is not imported properly from Excel 2007 (.xlsx) files to GenEx. Microsoft has promised to make the xlsx file format open. As the specifications become available to us, MultiD will implement import routines for this file format as well.

An obvious work-around is to save your Excel data on the earlier (.xls) file format and import it into GenEx.

Best wishes,
Anders
MultiD Support

Re: GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx)

Postby mCantrell » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks for the update, Anders. Would you tell me how can I convert xlsx to xls in Excel and how to save files in xls in Excel 2007? I have used to Excel 2003 interface, and in the 2007 version I cannot find the saving options anywhere...
http://avi-player.org
avi player
mCantrell

Re: GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx)

Postby emwamin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi.

If you select "Save as" and choose "Excel 99-2003", then you can import the xls file into Genex.

One other option is to select all your data on Excel (Ctrl+a) and copy it (Ctrl+c) and in Genex start a empty Editor (Ctrl+d) and paste your data (Ctrl+v).

BR
Multid Team
emwamin

Re: GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx

Postby ScottHolmes » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:52 am

I am using Excel 2007 and need to write a code that searches for lists of up to thousands of gene names in multiple worksheets of a workbook and reformats the cells when they are found. I have managed to write a simple script that does basically what I want, except that it is quite laborious to paste all the thousands of gene names from my several cases each time.
http://www.certssafe.com/350-080-practice-test.html
www.harvard.edu/
www.certssafe.com/640-692-practice-test.html
ScottHolmes

Re: GenEx currently does not support Excel 2007 files (.xlsx

Postby MultiDAdmin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:53 am

Hi

Importing a TAB separated text file is much faster than pasting the same data into GenEx. Specially if data is large. I suggest that you change your script to save all your data in one text file. Then in GenEx you can select "Edit data" and import your data into GenEx.

BR
Amin Forootan
GenEx support team
MultiDAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Excel