Box Plot

Here we discuss using the GenEx Data Manager

Moderator: MultiD Support

Box Plot

Postby Marc.Schneider » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 am

Hi.

I would like to create a box plot with my Cp-values. I have four colums. 1: tumor adeno, 2: normal adeno, 3: tumor squamous, 4: normal squamous. I have 102 values each for the adeno samples and 81 each for the squamous samples and want to show a box plots for all 4 colums. When I save the excel file, the data manger tells me that i have samples with no values (NAN). When I create the box plot, the plot doesn't look well within the last two box plots, I think because of the missing values. Can I delete the NAN-samples and create a box plot? When I delete them with the data manager and save the file, GenEx fills the empty boxes with NAN. Is it possible to create the box plot with a different number of samples in the columns?
I hope you understand my problem. :)

Thank you in advance!
Marc.Schneider

Re: Box Plot

Postby emwamin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Marc.

Yes, I understand your problem. I assume that you are referring to the Boxplot available on the main window. In the current release a full data set with no missing data is required.
I have made modification in the software that allows missing data. So next release will solve your problem.

If you have bought a Genex license and do not wish to wait until the next release please contact me by email amin(at)multid.se and I will provide you a pre-release version.

BR
Amin Forootan
Multid
emwamin

Return to Data Manager