Merging data of measurement repeats

This Forum is for to discuss real-time PCR data pre-processing with the GenEx editor

Moderator: MultiD Support

Merging data of measurement repeats

Postby greenwood » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:30 am

We usually remove PCR replicates if they have a high standard deviation and repeat the measurements for the relevant samples and targets. When I tried analyzing my data with GenEx, I had problems merging the data I got from the repeat with the original data. I would like the software to find the right position for the Cq values on the basis of the sample name and the target. I had to copy the values manually into the correct positions within the data table. This procedure is pretty prone to errors especially as we are handling lots of data within one experiment, usually. Is there a better way to do that? Is there a way that data can be merged automatically if data that failed quality control are deleted beforehand?
Many thanks for your help!
greenwood

Re: Merging data of measurement repeats

Postby MultiDAdmin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi

Did you use the "Import Wizard" to get your data into GenEx? Do you have your replicates in different files? Do all the plates has the same gene setup?
You can contact me by the following email amin(at)multid.se and if you provide your export files I can help you with the import.

BR
Amin Forootan
Multid Analyses AB
MultiDAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Data Editor